This tutorial is intended for those who want to take designs created in Autodesk Revit and add professional rendering effects in 3ds Max Design. Revit data is imported as an FBX file, a format preferable to others (such as DWG), for its ability to transfer scene metadata as well as geometry, material, and lighting information. Once the FBX file has been imported, you can use the capabilities of 3ds Max Design to create photorealistic renderings based on the Revit data.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
- Prepare scene files created in Autodesk Revit for export to 3ds Max Design.
- Import Revit FBX files into 3ds Max Design, carry out test renders and make required adjustments.
- Add Sky Portals to improve the interior daylight illumination of enclosed structures.
- Use the Scene Explorer to organize objects created in Revit.
- Edit properties of Revit objects in 3ds Max Design.
Download PDF How to Use Autodesk Revit